What you need to know about Saturday's first-ever Shawn & Ed Brewing Co. 5k Beer Run:
1. Race bib pick up will be at the brewery on Saturday from 5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. Your race bib includes:
a) adhesive timing chip on the back of the bib
b) drink ticket for the first fill of your beer mug (mugs to be presented at the finish line upon completion of the race)
c) food ticket for one gourmet slider from Cumbraes of Dundas
2. If you have friends who still want to register for the race, they can register online @ www.shawnandedbeerrun.ca, at Runner's Den or the brewery Friday or register in person at the brewery on Saturdayfrom 5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
3. Cumbraes of Dundas will also have food available for purchase
4. Lots of parking is available in nearby municipal lots - please avoid parking on Hatt Street
5. Please be sure to bring government-issued identification to prove that you are 19 years of age or over
6. Entertainment will be provided by South Meets North and doors close at 10:00 p.m.
We look forward to seeing you all on Saturday for what promises to be a great event in support of our friends at Ronald McDonald House Charities South Central Ontario!
This is not your average beer run.
This 19+ event includes an unbelievable 5k experience, beer mug (with one free fill at the finish), food, entertainment and post-race fun at the brewery. Cap off the summer with blood, sweat and beers!
Saturday August 26th, 7 p.m.
Race start and finish Shawn & Ed Brewing Co. 65 Hatt St, Dundas On
Register in person at Runner's Den or Shawn & Ed Brewing Co. or Online
Entries are capped at 200 runners
Proceeds to support Ronald McDonald House Charities South Central Ontario.
Overall Male and Female winners win their weight in beer
Random draw prizes for every 30 runners
Male/Female Weekend Warrior Award- *Provide your weight in the "Special Instructions" section at registration if you want to be considered. Winners will be determined using a calculation based on age, time and weight.
Proceeds to support Ronald McDonald House Charities South Central Ontario
Ronald McDonald House Charities South Central Ontario (RMHCSCO) is part of a network of 15 Ronald McDonald Houses across Canada. We provide a home away from home for families of children who are seriously ill and being treated at nearby hospitals. Built in 1993 and located next to McMaster Children’s Hospital, RMHCSCO is independently owned and operated by Kid’s Care Oncology Central West Ontario and is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, managed by a small staff team and supported by a full complement of dedicated volunteers.
RMHCSCO expanded from our original 15 bedroom home to a 41 bedroom house and reopened in the Spring of 2012 to serve more families in their time of need.
Try to imagine being a child with a chronic or life-threatening illness – frightened, hurting, questioning. Now try to imagine being a parent – short on answers, long on helplessness and scared beyond words. What both need most are each other. RMHCSCO provides families in crisis a home to everyday moments when life is far from ordinary.